In January 2013, I began interning at the Ronald McDonald House of Charleston. I was recruited at an internship fair provided by the College, where I met Alix Tew, a marketing representative for the House. I was elated to receive the phone call saying they would love to have me as their intern. 

My official title during this tim was"house writer," meaning that I interviewed guests/families that stayed at the House while their child receives treatment for their serious illness or surgery. These were usually in person and simply written down, but some were discussed over the phone and via email. I have also done a video interview, which can be found under the Prior Projects tab above.

Once these interviews were recorded, I converted them linguistically into feature stories, newsletter format, or even condensed their content for Facebook and blog posts. This tied in directly with my interaction with clients and fans on Facebook.

Additionally, I aided in data entry for RMHC's 30th anniversary online auction campaign in order to raise funds for the upcoming fiscal year.

Though I never thought I would have interned with a non-profit, I found it incredibly fulfilling, and beneficial to honing my communication and professional skills.