Hi! My name is Cory Spears, and I'm a two year post-grad of the College of Charleston, with a BA in Communications, focusing on modern media marketing and media literacy. I currently work for Novant Health as a Patient Systems Coordinator in Kannapolis, but aspire to reach beyond the scope of direct patient interaction and pursue a PR/marketing career.

Born and raised in Concord, I'm a true native of the Charlotte area, and thus have a distinguished view of its business and cultural growth - an insight that has proven beneficial in my professional life.

I interned with the Ronald McDonald House of Charleston while in school, fulfilling a "house writer" position while simultaneously serving as their social media liaison and interaction coordinator. I also worked closely with guest families and staff at MUSC's Children's Hospital.

I currently have a lovable cat named Eddie, pictured below. I am very family oriented; I believe in the strength of a homogeneous unit. In my spare time, I enjoy completing minor Pinterest projects, taking long drives in my father's vintage Corvette, and spending time with my four-year-old cousin, Carson.

I believe firmly that hard work pays off, and that a business which puts as much emphasis on its moral practices as it does on its profits will ultimately succeed. I believe teaching the next generation should always be a priority. And I believe ingenuity is priceless. In conjunction, one of my favorite quotes is by Henry Ford:

"If I had asked them what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."